Tues. Oct 20. Reserve your spot now.
5th Annual Pawz Too Run
Won’t you walk and help save lives?
By Helping Build a Pet Education & Adoption Center
Saturday, October 10
On The Green (119 S. Main St.) in Downtown Davidson, NC,
9:00 – 9:45 am On-site Registration & Check-in ($25 includes dog bandana)
10:00 am Dog Walk
10:30 am Opening Ceremony & Parade of Rescue Dogs
11:00 am Dog Contests and Awards
12:00 noon Acrofitness
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Live Music by Wally & Dave
10:00 am – 3:00 pm Vendor & Adoption Fair
Saturday, October 10, is the day to celebrate our canines in the 5th Annual Pawz Too Run. Participate in the Celebrated 3K Dog Walk then shop at the Community Vendor & Adoption Fair promoting health and wellness for pets and their people. Adoptable dogs will be looking for their forever family. Community Vendors will showcase the latest and greatest for you furry family member. With music, kid’s inflatable, a dog washing station and more. On the Green in Downtown Davidson, 119 S. Main Street.
Sponsorships available with exclusive visibility for your business during the event. Register as an individual or part of a team. Or start a team and win the award for most enthusiastic team. Registration forms will be available in mid-July, but gather up your family and friends NOW, choose a Team name and get ready to walk the 2 mile course with your furry friend.
Funds raised will help Friends of the Animals build a state-of-the-art facility to save more homeless dogs, cats, puppies and kittens in the greater Lake Norman region. Your support will help us start construction.
YOU can make a difference and have FUN at the same time.
Thank you to Joanna Copio who founded the event in 2011, as an 8th grade student. Joanna is off to college this fall, pre-vet school of course.
Pawz Too Run 5 includes:
- Celebrated Dog Walk 3K (1.8 miles) or 1.5K (.9 miles)
- Dog Contests with Prizes
- Individual and Team Awards
- Vendor Fair on Health & Wellness for People and Pets
- Animal Rescue Agencies with Dogs to Adopt
- Live Music by Wally & Dave in the afternoon
- Kid’s Inflatable Bounce House
- Dog Bandanas for Participants
- Opportunity Drawings
Sign up for Pawz Too Run
The walk route is 3K or 1.8 miles. Or take the shorter 1K walk.
Registration: $25 per person includes dog bandana. Children under 6 free to walk. Register here
Prizes Awarded for
Top Individual Fundraiser
Top Community / Family Team Fundraiser
Top School Team Fundraiser
Top Corporate Team Fundraiser
1, 2, 3 to cross the 3K Finish Line
Best Dressed Dog
Best Look Alike
Best at Pet Trick
Help make this a fun and safe day for dogs and humans alike!
- No refunds will be given; the walk will take place rain or shine, unless there is thunder and lightening .
- Please stay on the walk route.
- Limit two dogs per walker.
- Leashes (4-5 ft max length) are required (no extension/retractable leashes, please).
- Scooping is required (scoop bags will be provided but bring your own if you can).
- No pets “in heat.”
- Dogs should wear current ID tags, rabies tags or have proof of vaccinations.
- Walkers will be asked to leave if their dog(s) display aggressive behavior.
- No puppies under six months of age.
Walk starts at 10 am
Check in and On-site Registration 9:00 – 9:45 am
After the Walk stay for the Awards and FUN
And visit the many vendors with info, services and products on health and wellness for people and pets.
Consider adopting a new furry family member from one of the Rescue Groups on site.
How can YOU make an even BIGGER Impact?
Be a Top Fundraiser: Collect pledges and payments from everyone you know
Start a Team: Invite friends, family and colleagues to join your team and help fundraise. Involve your neighbors, business, civic group or alumni group. Each team member will register separately.
Thank you to our sponsors…
Champion Level Sponsor
Defender Level Sponsors
Advocate Level Sponsors
Leader Level Sponsors
Photos from the 2014 Pawz Too Run…